2022 Linn County General Election Information
The general election will be held on November 8, 2022 to elect officials to federal, state and local positions. Judges will be on the ballot for retainment. The information here is designed to help voters make an informed decsion.
To begin it is important for the voter to know their state senate and house districts in addition to their precinct and polling place. This link will provide all the key information for each voter
Election Date is November 08, 2022
- Pre-registration for voter registration ends Monday, October 24, 2022 at 5 p.m. (PDF)
- Absentee ballot request forms (PDF) must be received in the office by Monday, October 24, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- The first day our office can accept 2022 general election absentee ballot request forms is Tuesday, August 30, 2022.
- The first day ballots can be placed in the mail is Wednesday, October 19, 2022.
- Early voting for the general election will begin on Wednesday, October 19, 2022 and end at 5 p.m. on Monday, November 7, 2022.
- The deadline line for requesting a satellite for the general election is Thursday, September 22, 2022.
- Absentee ballots MUST be received in our office or ballot drop box by the close of polls on election day.
- Polling places will be open on election day from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Democratic candidates will be running for positions in the US Senate and House, State Senate and House, State and County administrative positions.
|Senate District 37||Molly Donahue||Kurt Bendixen|
|Senate District 39||Liz Bennett||Edward Bernie Hayes|
|Senate District 40||Todd Taylor||Kris Gulick|
|Senate District 42||Jessica Wiskus||Charlie McClintock|
|House District 73||Elizabeth Wilson||Susan Weinacht|
|House District74||Eric Gjerde||Unopposed|
|House District 77||Jeff Cooling||Unopposed|
|House District 78||Sami Sheetz||Unopposed|
|House District 79||Tracy Ehlert||Unopposed|
|House District 80||Art Staed||Barrett Hubbard|
|House District 83||Kristen Nall||Cindy Golding|
|House District 84||Sara Yedlik||Thomas Gerhold|
|US Senate||Michal Franken||Chuck Grassley|
|US House||Liz Mathis||Ashley Hinson|
|Linn County Treasurer||Brent Oleson||Paul Talley|
|Linn County Recorder||Carolyn Siebrecht||Unopposed|
|Linn County Attorney||Nick Maybanks||Unopposed|
|Linn County Supervisor – District 1||Kirsten Running-Marquardt||Mark Banowetz|
|Linn County Supervisor – District 2||Ben Rogers||Brett Mason|